Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
March 21st 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Oh how we loved Sucre! It is a beautiful town nestled by surrounding mountains. Sucre is a very modern town for Bolivia. We were still traveling with our new friends so we were able to explore the town with them. The first day we arrived we walked around the city a little, then went up to a wonderful viewpoint. It was quite a climb because this was our first stop at high elevation and we were not use to the low oxygen level. Once we arrived at the top we could see everything. There are very nice buildings in Sucre, a colonial town so most of the buildings are painted white. On our way back into town we witnessed a school riot going on. It consisted of angry college students mad about the high tuition prices. They left a path of destruction by leaving fire in the street and lighting off firework bombs. It was quite a sight to see. One of Sucre’s main attractions is it’s colorful fountain. You visit the fountain at dark so you can really see the lights and colors, it really reminded me of a spectacular firework show. Another amazing factor is that the fountain and music were completely synchronized!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb