South America Day 28


Advertisement
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

9th February

The last day in the Pampas with a mornings excursion then the jeep back to Rurre in the afternoon. Another early start and we headed up river a couple of miles for more wildlife watching. The highlight of the day and maybe the whole Pampas tour was slowly approaching a tree with a troop of around 20 squirell monkeys who were feeding & playing. As the boat got up to the tree a few of them jumped onto the boat & ran along towards us then back into the tree. for the whole tme were were there they seamed to be as intrested in us as we were in them, getting up really close & sitting to watch us while we took pictures etc. It was great to feel we were almost interacting with them in their own enviroment. Throughout the rest of the morning we also spotted loads more birds, dolphins & Capuchin monkeys on our way back to the lodge.

After lunch we returned by jeep along the road which was now even worse than before due to rain the last couple of days, back to Rurre. Back in Rurre we checked in with Chalalan guys who we would be leaving with in the morning and spent the evening relaxing with an early night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb