Argentina photos


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Here are some pictures... sorry to spam you with blogs, but without getting into the details, it´s quite hard to upload photos from my camera, so needed to take the chance of a computer when I could get one.

Stella has headed off to Tierra del Fuego. R and my plans were somewhat foiled by the weather. Originally, we had thought we´d go to the top of a chairlift nearby for views, but it turned out to be extremely foggy, so we hit the city of Bariloche first. Our suspicion that the mist would burn off was correct though, so we managed to get stunning views of lake and mountains, but had to take our shopping with us.

And yes, some shopping did happen. First, we had to sample some of the amazing chocolate - this city is famous for a good reason, no false advertising here... then we also found some handbags, so we´re both very happy.

Tomorrow we are renting a car (venturing on to the other side of the road) and heading into the mountains to Villa Angostura (not named for the bitters and confusingly pronounced Bija Angostura by the locals). Then off to Uruguay, via Buenos Aires.

Lucy


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

BA bus stopBA bus stop
BA bus stop

A little disturbing to see a shop full of religious relics in the bus station... what was our bus trip going to hold? In fact, it was pure luxury (semi cami, which means fully reclined)
Iguazu riverIguazu river
Iguazu river

This was the ecological tour, above the falls, highly recommended, especially as it is very quiet and a great way to get away from the hordes of people on the Argentinian side.
Rachael on horsebackRachael on horseback
Rachael on horseback

This moment had to be recorded, as I´m not sure we´ll ever get her on a horse again. She actually rode really well, but had to take lots of drugs to manage her allergies.
In memory of the disappearedIn memory of the disappeared
In memory of the disappeared

The square in Bariloche is covered with the headscarf symbol, which represents the Mothers of the disappeared during the dirty war (1976-2001)
With shopping...With shopping...
With shopping...

... yes, we have entered the market. Lovely handbags. We then took them to the top of a chairlift for lovely view (saved dropping them off, but did make the prospect of hiking instread of taking the chairlift less appealing)


9th April 2010

loved the pics
nice one Lucy .... in a couple of hours we head off to Chamonix ...so you can picture us up the mountain and me skiing for the first time in 20 years !! bestest and big hug Jxx
9th April 2010

I enjoyed your Argentina post. It reminded me of my time there. My blog is looking for travel photos, stories, accommodation reviews, and food reviews. If you have the time and have some to share, email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com Continued fun on your travels, Eric
10th April 2010

Photos
Great pics- they take forever to download but worth waiting for- loved the horse trek xx

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb