Still stuck here en fin de mundo!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
July 17th 2006
Published: July 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok well the mood has lifted ever so slightly, we're now resigned to the fact that we've got no choice other than to stay here till Friday. We 've booked a bus to El Calafate on Friday morning, so we're kind of ok with the fact that there actually is a way out of here for us. We kind of thought today that it might be a mass conspiracy to populate the whole of Tierra del Fuego, lure the tourists in and then don't provide a way out. But at least we can now finally see a way out. Everybody here appears to be in the same boat so there is some comfort in that.

The weather here is really cold and snowy and therefore not too appealing to us. Where we are is spectacular, not sure we're fully appreciating it just yet, but we've got great plans. We're going to trek in the national park, maybe go on a huskie ride by moonlight and we've not quite figured out what to do for the 3rd day, but that's my birthday so it'd better be pretty good cause if not I'll not be very happy, spending my birthday at the end of the world!

It's now 6 o clock and it is fully dark out, it doesn't get bright here till about 10 in the mornings so that's a bit unusual to us. I'm afraid that from reading the postings I'm making the whole trip sound miserable, it's not really, but it's not as enjoyable as New Zealand was for me last year, I think it's just a totally different set of challenges. As I've said before, we should definitely have learned a bit of Spanish before coming here, that was a big mistake on our behalf cause it can get sooooo frustrating when we can't ask for what we want or explain ourselves properly. Somebody replied to my whinging on this website about the lack of English speaking people here saying we shouldn't expect people to speak English and we appreciate that, we don't expect them to, it's just that we now know that we should have made a better effort rather than buying a cd and not really listening to it.

Ok that's my ranting and raving done for another day, there's some comfort for us in the fact that on Friday we're travelling for 18 hours on a bus but at least we're moving in the direction of a bit of heat. I know I've been really bad at posting pics but the internet is so bloody slow here, it's not really an option. Will do it sometime soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 17; dbt: 0.0141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.7kb