Ushuaia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
April 12th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we headed out of Buenos Aires early the next morning. We were catching a flight to The End Of The World.... a town called Ushuaia. After we finally got to the right airport and caught the flight we ended up in a small town at the very southernmost tip of Argentina. The next place from Ushuaia is Antartica.

When we arrived we tried to see if we could get a boat over to Antartica but we had missed the season by about a week. We had about 4 days here so we had penty of time to see what was on offer. The main attractions are a boat trip on the Beagle Channel to see the Sea Lions & Seals, so we did that. Only took about 2 hours but it was cool to see them up close. There is also the Tierra Del Fuego National Park so we headed out there for one of the days and did some walks, nice but have to admit that Glendalough is as nice if not nicer, in my humble opinion. One of the days we went for a day trip to the lakes up at the back of the town. We were collected in 4x4´s and were brought to the lakes through some pretty rough areas. Let´s just say we were hanging on to our seats at times!! At the lake our guides lit a fire and started cooking our lunch. I don´t think I´ve ever seen so much meat to feed only 12 of us, it just kept coming and coming. Have to say was a lovely way to spend the afternoon and the setting was cool, the steak was fantastic too....which is saying alot from me. We finished the day with some Kayaking around the smaler of the lakes. We met up with an Irish couple on the trip and had a few beers that night. This is where the plan to do the "W" started (more about that later). Thanks Jimmy & Christina!!!

Ushuaia is a nice spot but there is not a whole load to it. Have the stamp in our passports now but other than that there are much better places to go visit.... a couple of days is more than enough.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb