Day 153 - ...and round and round


Advertisement
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

To climb back into the bus was a bit of a stuggle but we were keen to carry on the journey. Luckily the roads today were mainly paved, not always better but did make for a faster journey. Well it did not take 17 hours, rather 14, to cover the distance.

The only scenery change we had to day was the hour long drive winding along the valley to Bariloche, so there is not much to mention just it is amazing how remote people and animals will and can live.

The hostel we were booked into was diabolical with common sense-less people on reception and disgusting rooms. Definitley up there in the top 3 worst hostels we have experinced on this trip. Even more unfortunate we are paid for two nights (though tomorrow we could be persuaded by a night bus out of here).

Saving us from not liking Bariloche too much was our meal. The one Ed had been waiting for had arrived. The perfect medium succulent steak with good fries and fresh salad. Accompanied with a good bottle of vino. A happy traveller was among us.

And one other thing. During a conversation with a know-all shopkeeper we told him about our journey all the way down from Alaska. He said that from Mexico down there are only 3 places where they don't speak Spanish: Belize (where they speak English), Suriname (Dutch) and Brazil (Portugese). Ed cheekily added "and of course the Falklands". Luckily he'd judged the mood correctly and it ended with a laugh.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 104; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb