Patagonia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Chaltén
January 19th 2008
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I spent the last two days on buses, crossing Patagonia - and Patagonia is big. On the first day of the bus ride, we went from El Bolson to Perito Moreno town (not the glacier), a small town in the middle of nowhere. Of course, we left El Bolson 2 hours later than planned, but after all, this is Patagonia.
On the second day, we had an excursion to the cave of the hands, which is not really a cave at all, but a section along a canyon, where there are over 800 paintings of hands, that are 8000 years old. There are paintings of other things as well, like guanacos (sort of like an alpaca) and other animals, but it´s mostly hands. Then we continued with the bus to El Chalten. Of courrse, we got there 2 hours late (again), but after all, this is Patagonia. We had some great views of the Fitz Roy range on the way, but you won´t see the pictures now, because the internet connection here is slow and expensive.
I´m going to spend 2 more nights in El Chalten, and then go to El Calafate for 2 more nights. After that I´m heading to Torres del Paines, and on to Ushuaia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb