El Calafate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
March 14th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this morning was an early rise as it was a 7.30am bus to el calafate and my stomach as ever still aint right, must be somthing in the air....lol, anyway me Kjell, sorren and Asia and Geoff were all on the bus and it took 5 and half hours to get to el calafate and the whole on the bus and off the bus thing with the border posts as usual, i spent some of the journey sleeping anf the other thinking how desertly patagonia can be and then you get massive mountain ranges and glaciers, a land of contrasts.

When we got to el calafate it was hot and sunny and very touristy but it has a certain charm and we went and got booked into a local HI hostel, its quite new and a nice place, the internet sucks though, we had a pinic lunch in the main drag and then decided to chip in and hire a car to go to the glacier tomorrow.

We reserved a car and then bought some wine from the supermarket and headed back to the hostel and sorted some stuff out and i reserved a hostel in Buenos Aires and we booked lunch at the hostel as it was veggie food.....yummy, then sorren went to collect the car and me, kjell and asia walked to the shore and took some piccys and just wandered around for a while, Aisa flys to Buneos Aires tomorrow and soon i will part company with my amigos to go there aswell, tomorrow me kjell and sorren will book tickets to chelten to see mount fitz roy........time for shut eye now.....adiosss amigos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb