El Calafate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
December 13th 2007
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

111

Nearing El Calafate--------that's Lago Argentino in the distance
Finally, after days of driving (if we ever go again, we'll be flying!), we made it to El Calafate-----a place I had long dreamed of visiting. The town itself is a nice little place with lots of nice restaurants, wine bars, chocolate and ice cream shops and hotels and makes for a comfortable place to spend a few days. Of course, the real reason we came here----as does everyone else----was to see the Perito Moreno Glacier.

The glacier does not disappoint. I've been a lot of places and I've seen a lot of things and although I couldn't possibly pick a favorite, I can say I've never seen anything more spectacular in the world than this place. It is difficult to describe the awe that you feel when you lay eyes on this sucker------it literally takes your breath away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

22
2

Lore in El Calafate
33
3

Perito Moreno Glacier--------I've been a lot of places and none of them are more breath-taking than this...
44
4

Perito Moreno Glacier
55
5

Icebergs from the glacier
66
6

Definitely take the boat ride-------its worth it...
77
7

The glacier as viewed from Brazo Rico
88
8

The drive from El Calafate to the glacier ain't too shabby either...
99
9

El Calafate by night. Some say El Calafate is too touristy but then------------ some people are idiots. Its a great little place to spend a few days.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb