Streets of Merlo


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » San Luis
March 18th 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Parque Hotel GolfParque Hotel GolfParque Hotel Golf

Our hotel for two nights because they had the only golf course in town. Course it was only 6 holes, but it was fun.
Geo: -32.35, -65.0333

We love this town!

Maybe it's the high concentration of negative ions like they say, or maybe it's the exquisite climate--purported in all the marketing hype to be one of three micro climates in the world, or maybe it's just because it's warm and sunny and rains only at night.

But it's a favorite, right in there with Junin de los Andes and Salta.

If you google this place you'll learn that it had an 85% increase in population in the last 10 years. Phenomenal. All the talk about the micro climate and the negative ions may or may not be part of the reason, but it's a grand little place and if you come, you'll love it.

There's paragliding, ziplining, 4x4ing, trekking, fishing, swimming, handball, volleyball, golf and tennis. And when you're done there's a pool to laze by. But don't plan on eating dinner before 9 or 10 at night, or expect anything but tea and toast for breakfast.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bikes are EverywhereBikes are Everywhere
Bikes are Everywhere

With gas at about $6 US a gallon, these are really popular.


19th March 2010

You better have a show and tell at the clubhouse. It will make us feel like we were there with you. What totally awesome pictures.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb