Mendoza y Aconagua Mas o Menos


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
February 8th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Getting readyGetting readyGetting ready

So sorry I don´t have the best photos for Mendoza, they´re with the other 2 liv and bridge. But here´s one of us getting ready to hit the road to visit all the wineries around Mendoza!
Hi guys,

Not sure where I left off exactaly except here goes. I had an awesome time catching up with Bridge and Liv in Mendoza for a couple of days. The only bad thing that happened there was when Mel and I were having dinner on our last night....right before the theatre to celebrate our last night....this guy came up to us looking incredibly stressed and was like permisso, que hora es? What´s the time? So we answered in Spanish and he continued to ask us looking more and more stressed.....and we were like what the, anyway then he grabbed for Mels bag and her arm and gave us the biggest shock! Lucky he didn´t get the bag though because it had everything in it, passport included!! Anyway after that shake up the theatre was great, Mel understood a lot more then me, that´s for sure.

In terms of the hiking, i set off with a guide who spoke no english and 2 random Spanish dudes who didn´t speak much either....so it was a very interesting trip and very good for my Spanish hey! But it was so different up there and freesing, it was snowing at base camp
RidingRidingRiding

The girls giving it a good go on the dirt roads in Mendoza, poor Mel was petrified about riding the bikes and you just had to take one look at her and see how tight she was gripping those handle bars!
Confluencia....mmmm was seriously cold.

Oh yeah and for anyone who´s seen the movie 7 years in Tobet, I stood on the same bridge cause thay filmed the whole thing there in the mountains, Aconagua being the highest mountain outside of the Hymalayas....6,000 ish meters high. We hiked to 4400m and that was pretty cool.

Anyways, enjoy the pics.

Hay x


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chocolate FactoryChocolate Factory
Chocolate Factory

So we also visited a chocolate factory that made all kinds of goodies! Here´s Bridge and the menu....it was so good to see these guys!
Puente IncaPuente Inca
Puente Inca

This is a really odd story, but the long and the short of it is that this ia a bridge that collapsed in a landslide and somehow erupted with sulphur, its been there for years and years, the locals throw anything in there and solidify it in a yellow sulphur substance, very odd.
Aconagua & lagoonAconagua & lagoon
Aconagua & lagoon

This is a piccy of Mte Aconagua from the very start of our hike, quite beautiful really.
Brads BridgeBrads Bridge
Brads Bridge

This is THE bridge from ´7 years in Tibet´, must see the movie now...he he!


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb