THe trip continues on with another traveler.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
September 12th 2005
Published: September 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We spent the day in Salta arranging our own tour. Wewere getting sick of the tour busses. Can you imigine that. So we headed out on the local bus to Cafayate. It is the wine region around salta. Three hour big bus ride. The last night in salta we headed back to the hostile to ask if the German Couple wanted to join us. The women decided to head south, and the guy opted to go with us. So we have another traveler. He has been a nice addition to our group of two. We had a dinner that night all of us than in the morning we got on the local bus with the german guy.

We arrived in Cafayate and arranged a tour of sorts. We opted to mountain bike ride down a very large mountian. IT was at 3000 meters The scenery was more beautiful then the North. At least I thought so, lots of red rock formations. We checked into another hostile which was really nice and for 5 bucks per person a real deal. We then headed up to the ride. Katheryn was getting nervous and Yes I was little too, because we first did not understand the nature of the tour that well. I was the most fluent in spanish which isn´t saying much. It seemed to take lots of time to get there and we knew how many KMs we had to ride. But we finally arrived there at about 2:30 We rode down the hill it was fast and it was fun, Surely beat the tour bus. The german guy however dusted us, he being 25 years old and fit it should be exspected. Shouldn´t it.

The tour operator took my camera so he got some nice photos. He wanted to make it as part of his promotional tour. Turns out we were the first women to do the tour. We arrived down much faster than they went up. We then rode a bit more on the paved street back into town.

We than of course had to have a BBQ. This one was nice it was in their home. The family was there. They had some nice sauces to put on the steaks and various meats. They had some good Salta wine to go with it all. We all enjoyed the meal it was one of the better ones. We sort of went around the small town and did our own thing for a while. I worked with the tour operator to try to get the photos off the camera and on the his computer did not work so had to make a disc. I also worked on negostigating the rental of bikes the following day. Got them for less.

That night we had wine at the hostel and talked a bit and socialized. Than in the later evening we had some ice creme for dinner. Not so hungry after the BBQ. walked around the shops a bit. Cayatate is a small peaceful town only pop of 2,000. We were asked to a party of sorts, but opted to sleep, It has been a some what tiring day. More later. Off to catch a plan but my next entry will be in cayatate, I am behind in my writing, to much happening, too much fun!!!!!!!Rebecca

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb