Cachi es buenichima!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cachi
July 5th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another day trip from Salta.... we made our way to Cachi! On the way we enountered a beautiful stretch of the Andes Mountains. The route was quite interesting, including many hairpin turns winding up the mountains as we made our way up to over 11,500 feet. Stopping along the way for the goats and cows to cross the road and praying we wouldn't meet a bus that we had to pass as the road was not that wide! Luckily our bus driver wasn't the traditional crazy driver and took care as he drove us up. At the top there was a National Park with cacti which had over 250 different types of cacti.

We stopped many times along the way to take in the breathtaking views from within the Andes Mountains. Even though it has been pretty typical here, we were glad to have another nice sunny day to be able to see everything so well. When we got to the city of Cachi we went for a hike and for the first time were able to re-introduce our arms to the sun as it was super nice out, even a little warm!

Before beginning our descent back down the mountain we noticed our driver touched his rosary and did the sign of the cross. We wondered if that was a sign for us to start praying too! He did this again 3 hours later once we had arrived down safely. On the way back to Salta our driver had a "surprise" for us. We were at the bottom of a hill. He stopped the car and took the keys out. When he left off the brakes we began moving UP the hill. We then continued moving like this for 3 miles, getting speed up to 68km. This was due to us supposedly being in a magnetic field! Hard to believe, but very crazy. Another great day in the Andes!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb