Ripper Hitches a Ride


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cachi
March 20th 2009
Published: March 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Powerless BMWPowerless BMWPowerless BMW

Bloody hell thats heavy!
Yesterday we split the group with Gerardo, Leo and David riding directly to Salta, while the rest of us rode via Cachi, which took us up a very fertile valley and over the Cresta del Obispo mountain pass at 3,800m.
I am in a bit of a rush to get this blog up, as today we head onto the dark side of the moon and will be out of contact with the rest of the world for three days, while in Bolivia.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so here you will see Ripper hitching a ride on the back of the chase truck....Turns out his genuine BMW battery collapsed internaly and could not supply enough power to run his moto. They have now fitted a new battery here in Salta, so maybe he can ride with us again today.
When we reached Cachi, the whole town turned out for an amazing parade with horses and riders all dressed in traditional gear, these photo's will give you a bit of an idea, but coupled with a full brass band it was a treat for us. We had a basic lunch of empanadas and coke.
We won't mention about Rosco getting
RipperRipperRipper

Hitching a ride
a bit disoriented while approaching Salta, we didn't intend to go to the airport....

Here is a blog from Gerardo...

Hola, these is for the adventurers of the 2008, that hope that they are reading the blog with sad that they can't be here with us, on Sunday 15 we travel from San Jose de Jachal to Chilecito, to get the ACA Hotel the mosquitos were waiting for us like the last year, so I miss Tom with his repellent.
The next day Monday 16 from Chilecito to Andalgala, what a diference between last year and these, the gravel road is being repaired and we do all the trip in less than two hours, with no rivers and no rain, but was better ro ride it last year, when we finnaly wet and tired get to these town.
On Tuesday 17 was the important day of 2008, but these time without raining, without earthquake and flood, we climbed to Minas Capillitas without trouble and looking all the beautiful scenery that last year we didn´t see because of the mist, we went to the Hotel in Minas Capillitas, what a rare and nice place, and then we begun to
SadnessSadnessSadness

The rest of the gang feeling sorry for Ripper...
go down to Santa María, these road was worst than last year, more rocks and sand and no big rivers, but also one of the adventurers wash his moto like others, but these time whe stay in Cafayate without going to visit hospitals that was very good.
un gran abrazo paar todos y hasta pronto. Gerado.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

BrianBrian
Brian

having fun on his KTM
CachiCachi
Cachi

Our lunch stop in Cachi
Welcome ParadeWelcome Parade
Welcome Parade

The welcome Parade for us in Cachi


23rd March 2009

Hi Guy's and Girl's Reading the Blog brings back lots of memorys of last years trip. Wish i was with you. have fun. Allan Gordon
24th March 2009

BMW 1200GS without power!!!
Hi Rip, well I did tell you not to sell that other moto!!! but you said, this one won't stop.... oops - have you emailed Daryl yet??? I just hope you have a new battery and are back on the adventure tour by now. Looks and sounds great, have fun. Ride safe and stay upright... PS just wear the right undies - okay!!! Ciao, hola to Rosco and to the rest of the gang also to 'tigger' cheers Linda.
13th April 2009

hey you
how are you rip...looks like a fantastic trip . Great to see you have passed that road of death . Ride safe and see you back in the Naki. Paddy

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb