Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

San Carlos de Bariloche is a gorgeous town in Argentina‘s Patagonia region. It’s famous for its Swiss alpine style architecture, chocolate shops and stunning lake and mountain scenery. What more could you want? Maybe a super hostel with a sun deck? A great Irish bar? Craft beer? super steak on tap at the local supermarket? This town had it all!!

The bus journey from Puerto Montt was actually really comfortable and i was getting used to these long bus journeys with reclining seats and air con. The journey lasted around 7-8 with a seamless border crossing thrown in and we arrived late afternoon. The navimag crew were all booked in different hostels and apartments but we all arranged to meet in the Irish pub (Wilkenny) that evening. I‘d booked myself, Denmark and Holland into a 4 bunk room at the Hostel Inn Bariloche and we were pleased with the facilities, sun deck, TV lounge, computers for internet access the the kitchen.

The next day was St Patricks day so afer doing some research into day trips in the surrounding countryside for the following few days we headed to the Irish pub to celebrate. They served green larger and had a Scottish bagpipes chap playing in between various Latin American tunes. It was a great night and went on into the early hours of the morning ! Unfortunately Denmark was heading off to Buenos Aires on the 19th March on a 22 hour bus journey (that didn’t include food) so we said a sad farewell to her and agreed to meet up in Valparaiso and Santiago in early April. That evening we cooked Steak and had red wine in the hostel kitchen.

The day trips to the Lake District area and CERRO Catedral (ski area in the winter) were amazing and the scenery was stunning even better than down South. Enjoy the pictures !!

I spent about 8/9 days in Bariloche and was getting itchy feet so decided to head to San Martin de los Andes. I said farewell to Holland and the last of the Navimag crew and headed off on my own. I had a rough plan to San Martin for 3/4 days, then Pucon in the Chilean Lake District, the Santiago region, Mendoza, North Chile, Bolivia and Peru.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb