Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bariloche - lake district of Patagonia.

It´s the first large expanses of water we´ve seen since we got here. Our room over looks lake Nuel Huapi (sp?) and the mountains are all around us. Once again, the scenery is stunning. The town looks a lot like a swiss village with beautiful wooden buildings and mountain side lodging.

We headed straight for the main market for some tourist information and then wandered around the town. I wandered around the town and some some great artisan markets. Most notable thing here is the dramatic increase in pricing and touristic stuff. It´s a real ski village with ski rental stuff around every corner. Bariloche is also known for chocolate making so it was a must to check out ¨Mamuschka¨. Delicious! This was the one thing that wasn´t too expensive. I think i just about went into diabetic coma from all the sugar and chocolate they give you here.

Leah is dead set on paragliding but it´s hard to find outfitters for it this time of year. We did manage to find someone and were told to wait for the phone call. It´s always touch and go for weather and paragliding. We´ll find out tomorrow if we can go.

We managed to meet up with Chris and Adam for dinner and ended up in a swiss style restaurant serving various fondue´s. Once again, the food is in such huge quantity we couldn´t finish it. Luckily Adam has a hollow leg and helped us out. We headed back to their hostel after dinner. They were staying at Hostel 1004, located on the 10th floor of an apartment building and seemingly run by a bunch of hippies. Really interesting place. They had a huge balcony that we sat out on drinking cheap wine until we got to cold. That´s right, we´re now even further south and the temperature has dropped to about 5-10 degrees at night. Brrrrrrrrrr. It better still be warm when we get back to Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb