Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

With Dee's voice ringing in my ear about the amount of walking etc we were doing we headed for Bariloche. This can be a trekkers paradise but we decided to give it a miss and just do some touristy sightseeing ..for a break!
First good thing here was the hostel we went to ¨Pudu¨ an Irish/Argentinian owned spot. Recommend it to anyone, a Dublin couple are running it and was rreally good craic. With the bed and beers sorted we headed out to see the coutryside first by bus and on the second day we rented a car. Was great to be back driving ..even though it was a crappy Opel corsa. The surrounding coutryside is full of lakes and mountains and has whats been declared a world top ten sights to see and we have to agree with it, pretty damn amazing. Photos just don´t do justice.
Then with a car at our dispoal we went touring the 7 lakes drive. More lakes etc but yeh don´t get bored of it!!
We had our 1st curry of the year I think in the hostel and damn did it taste good washed down with good vino and cerveza.
Not much more to be said but a place to go and wouldn't mind been back for their ski season.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb