Always have a clear exit procedure


Advertisement
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ok time to leave....flight home was in two days...

first problem: I´m in Bariloche, Argentina, Flight is from santiago, chile
second problem: never checked out tickets

so....

after arriving in bariloche bus station at 1320, we found much to our mirth that my bus was actually at 1315....luckily the bag on bus process was heartwarmingly slow, so we made the bus intact physically but unravelled mentally!

the ride through the andes was spectacular but both dave and i were incapable of appreciation...incapable of reading, and not even able to listen to music.....i spent the 5 hour journey with my forehead banging off the headrest in front while dave starred at the ceiling....

not including the hour it took to cross into chile...fucking bureaucracy meant all bags had to be removed and searched, some even had to litterally air they´re dirty laundry, luckily for the environment daves bag passed through unhindered!

we arrived in oserno, (saw the valcano, finally, albiet from the moving bus...but I did get pictures! which, as we all (should) know is cheating, thats what the jap tourists do....not us hardy (champagne backpackers)

we found some humour in the fact that we arrived in oserno approximately 14 days after we left our hostel in bariloche to go to oserno, but got stoned, then drunk and procceeded on a massive drinking binge that include villa de la angustora and san martin, and bariloche...again.... but that was covered previuously

but would we have it anyother way!!

left the bus, hugging the attendant, crazy guy, now a friend, and he signed my shirt.....he staved off a possible suicide attempt on my part and found a lost granny....we danced on the aisles....but he never made me smile....but he tried....and i tried....and as we all know, thats what counts!

we found many companies and many times for departures to santiago...all fears were allayed...previously we had been led to belive that the only departure for the 10 hour journey was at 2am

except we got careless and almost missed it cause we went off for dinner...ran for the santiao bus as it was pulling out....jumped a suitcase, but my rucksack was only on one shoulder and was always going down....not across with me, so gravity took control and I stacked it well in front of a packed station of well entertained locals.....but I stood up to applause waving my previously purchased chile flag...and watched sheepishly as our actual bus pulled in!

but we made it!

and my reward...a flight out of south america.....why did i bother!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb