survalience equipment and a kind of bullet proof ...


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our intrepid explorers were at it again, barrelling down the off-piste with reckless abandon! this time we were joined by 3 more daring boarders, who happily shared and encouraged our love for inventing crazy runs where once was trees and gully's before!

led down dazzling directions by Jeff (crazy drunk yank) and Dave (robust), Sam (shankhill born, rared and blinded), Sylvia (impressively Norwegian) and I (utterly flawless) had our work cut out....but when you are skimming across deep powder the cartwheel and tree altercations just don´t hurt! It snowed the night before and the temperature above the clouds was +20 degrees...so it was t-shirts, cold drinks and sun tans all round...

....come 5pm did we stop, hell no, we just swapped the slopes for the south bar and charged our way through the extensive range of mind altering alcoholic beverages secreted beneath the kindly counter so well marshaled by Pablo, the big, bright and bouncy barkeep!

the hostel was well and truly and seemingly irreversibly corrupted in true Dave and Austin style...it took us a few days to coerce them onto our way of thinking....but a good old game of fuck the dealer, early doors, brought the building to its knees and they were putty in our hands soon after...and boy did we enjoy the remolding....of course we only have second hand accounts of the latter evenings proceedings as reality was well and truly spanked in the ass...so while our bodies played an active roll our minds decided to delete all the relevant information...but as we have well discovered it plays no hindrance to our drinking ability!

so today, bouyed and inspired by our recent adventures we picked the scattered pieces of our lives back up and somehow returned everything to the right place and made it to the couch via an altogether different kettle of fish type conditions up on the slope today....visabilty just about afforded a hazy view of the front of the board yet failed to offer any indication of proximity to other crazy fools, direction, up/down and most importantly speed! so a brave off piste run was yet again atempted, the blind leading the blind...and ouch, who put that river there....so tail firmly between legs we have retreated safely and comfortably into the arms of an ever loving and giving pint bottle of Quilmes! it just pushes all those buttons one requires to be pushed in our current condition...

ummm, talking of pushing buttons, i could really use some R&R in the Grand Hotel Canada....or somewhere with a hottub....now why don´t they have hot tubs and massages on mass down here....well its a good thing we´re heading off to board on a valcano tomorrow....if the boards don´t vapourise first, we shall take refuge in the natural hot springs at the base...is there any end to the brilliance over here...oh yeah....flight home in 15 days....well, better vamos back to the beer so....can´t wast a minute!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb