Piste off or off piste


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

definitely off piste....after some sociable hoots in the gondelas and ski lifts we were in fine form on the slopes especially after the monsterous dump of snow over the last few days....post hot boxing, its what yellow lensed googles were made for...i´m gradually improving, having lost all sense off fear, and proving quite willing to "give ´er..." well there is, afterall, just one speed! ...if only dave wasn´t so alarmed! so after a morning of spped, we decided to head off piste....god only knows why I was leading that crazy expedition....we found out shortly after....mindless, reckless adventure was the answer, I managed to lead us off-off piste and into a ravine, of which down, far down, was the only means of escape....look at the map....far right, two black dashed lines, notice the tree filled gourge between them....well that was us....

Click for Piste Map

it was full of deep snow, so speed was the next answer, if only the trees wanted to help....digging ourselves out of 8ft drifts (not easy with boards attached), slaloming the trees and invisible tree tops poking out of the snow, throwing our boards over ice caves and jumping out after them.....i even boarded along the trunk of an angled tree, only to jump/collapse into a drift with a small river underneath! the best day up the slopes yet...and I´m not even hurting today...but to those who may worry, we were never in any real danger...ehem!

and da fella was suited and booted...big boy blue eats argentina again! well if he´s gona bring a blue suit to patagonia over snowgear it only makes sense to take it boarding!

so, we´ll be leaving Bariloche tomorrow night or wednesday (depending on the slope conditions, and as ever the ability to actually check out)...17 days to go, and I got one more resort, a 4 day horse trek across the andes (daniel, we shall gal-oop once again) and a few days of life experiments with buddies in Santiago!

Roll on the monied life of the upper class ex-pats in santiago - click here

The Feathering-Walthamstones a step accross (never up) from the honorable charlie fellows

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb