Up to Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the toughness of the trek in chile it was time to do a little R&R up north in Bariloche. We got a flight up(we werent arsed with a 24 hour bus ride). I was sick from food poisioning the night before we left but the lads partied hard in El calafate the night before the flight. It was the summer out door party which was kicking. I wasnt there but I heard a story of Graham dancing on stage with a band with his shirt off after the 16 year old beauty contest. 16 year old pageant?? A bit weird but thats Argintina for you. But anyway all the lads were still pissed the next day as graham was "down in the valleys jumping up on horses at 8 in the morning"(our flight was at 1). It was the first time i have ever seen a grown man with a minder on the plane. He was shouting something "about Shane and astro at 7" but ill let him fill you in BB. It was fine though, we had a laugh with the "minder" on the plane and he left a few mins later.

Got to Bariloche, cool little town on a lake with the usual spectacular views(you get num to them after a while, its a bit shit!!) Got a hotel the first night cos there were no hostel after walkng for forever. No worries a hotel was about 3 euro more. Next day we checked into the Marco Polo Inn which was nicer than the hotel. The staff were cool and it included a free dinner which is a luxury in Argentina. Didnt have the advertised swimming pool,the must have meant the bath or something. That night and the next night we went to the Irish South bar(although the closest ive seen to irish in these things are 5 euro pints and a poxy shamrock above the door!!). It was the lads, Ciara, Laura and 2 Israeli guys out but the best thing about this bar was the 1.50 cocktails, which were poision. We were locked and there was even a dog throwing incident(loads around like El calafate) but we will keep that on the down low!!

The next day or some day i cant remember we signed up for some white water rafting. I have said this to many times so ill skip the "this was the best thing so far" but it was brilliant. We suited up and Al had a distinct Eric Cartman look going on and even sportingly gave us the "screw you guys....." during the rafting. Our instructor Damien was dead cool shouting at us(thats why the photos are so serious at the start) and having a laugh. Our boat(me, dar,graham and 4 Argies and a Oz girl) done well with only 1 person falling out(the Argie). I can proudly announce that Gar was the first to go on a little pansy rapid with Al and the 3 Irish girls and even there instructor(he tried to throw an oar) going overboard aswell. Losers!!! It was good "surfing" on the rapìds and after a bit of swimming down stream our instructor made us promise we will all do it again( but not there cos it would be crap a second time) on our travels while respecting the water and the envoirment!! He was cool!!We had to leave the water cos we would have floated into Chile and they dont like that. It was back to down a beautiful BBQ but the football and volleyball was washed out due to the rain.

The next few days were the same in Bariloche, cocktails, South Bar blah blah so it was 2 hours south to El Bolson for us......








Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



23rd February 2007

Up the Centre and down the middle!!!
Niall man, Look at ye man!! Great to see a few photos. All I can say is that I am jealous as sin... All looking for new jobs at the moment and nothing is being done here at all, spend most my day on the internet looking up anything from who invented the Stapler to Interview tips, all is good, take care man and remember Talk to Strangers!!!!!
5th March 2007

What's up
Nice to see you guy's enjoying yer selves. I'm getting lonely here with no updates to the blog. whats up.

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb