The Lake District


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
May 29th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After an interesting week hitch-hiking etc we got back on the tourist trail and went to El Bolson, a small hippy town in the argentine lake district (much more impressive than the English one!). Spent a couple of days hiking to some beauty spots, which were pretty much deserted apart from us (we even saw a pudu- a very small, rare deer) , drinking local beer and eating great steak!

From there we went up to Bariloche, the main city in the region. It is just a short bus ride to the national park and we climbed a hill to see a great view of the three big lakes there, the city and the andes in the background. We were also here for the weekend, so on saturday we had a night out in the town, argentine-style. This consisted of a late dinner, followed by drinks in a trendy little bar, cocktails listening to a cool blues band, then a night-club which we didn't leave until 8am! I don't know how the locals do it though as the place was still packed when we left!

Our next destination was San Martin de los Andes, a beautiful little postcard village high up in the mountains. We had a day of fantastic blue skies and clear views of the area before heading off again, back to Chile.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb