El Bolsón and Lago Puelo


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
April 11th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lazy days in the sun, I'm so glad they exist as well. Lago Puelo gave me the perfect break from trekking in the rain (which i do enjoy very much) by showering me in sunshine. This national park in the El Bolsón region is very laidback, you can go for some treks and small, granny-friendly hikes, but you can also just lay on the beach and watch the snowcapped mountains rising out of the azure lake. I went for the last option, pitching my tent on the free camping (most of it got washed away by the river, but there's still some good areas), meeting Emi and Nicolas from Buenos Aires and Oren from Madrid, lighting a big campfire and drinking loads of wine (seriously, some records were broken). And we did that for two days and a half, with some small excursions and some fine cooking in between. It was very pleasant to take it easy for some time.
The El Bolsón region is extremely fertile, and you can buy very nice artisanal jams, beers, sweets and more everywhere. I found a rosehip ketchup, which made every cheese and tomato sandwich a delicacy. Sweet rhubarb jam was swell as well. Another breakfast consisted of yoghurt with freshly picked berries - there's blackberries and rosehip growing everywhere - which made me feel most accomplished.
After two and a half days, i moved on to El Bolsón itself, a relaxed hippie-ish town with a nice artisanal market. As a town it's not wildly interesting, but it certainly is pleasant, and it's a fine base to discover the surroundings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb