El Bolson


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
March 23rd 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

El Bolson is a hippie town near Bariloche. We arrive to town to visit the market which happens on Saturday and maybe go on a trek in the area.

Before the market we went to eat some pizza (Yael was very hungry and REFUSED to shop before eating). In a small place near the market we ate the best pizza on the trip so far. As it was still a holiday the market was really big and colorful with lots of vendors and shoppers. After shopping for a whole afternoon we decided a trek called ¨Hielo Azul¨ (blue ice) would be our next adventure.

The ¨Hielo Azul¨trek is a 3 day trek to a glacier and to see the azul river which is crystal clear. The first two days of the trek were a bit disappointing as the views were boring and the road was difficult to walk (climbing up the first day and down the next). The third day we visited the blue clear pools of the Azul river which were the highlight of the trek (and really pretty).

In the trek we slept in refuchios (cabins so that Eyal would not have to carry the tent with all the other things he was carrying). In the first refuchio Yael touched one of the chimneys of the local stoves and burned a mark on her hand. A souvenir from Argentina, said the lady of the refuchio.

We ended the trek happy and tired and ran to catch our bus back to bariloche where we have a flight to catch to Buenos Aires


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

A partner for the roadA partner for the road
A partner for the road

This dog escorted us on the third day of the trek


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb