El Bolson and Back To Barriloche


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
February 20th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after 3 Nights in Barriloche we headed south again to El Bolson, a town of about 20,000 people but also one that houses mostly hippies. Now when i think hippie i generally thought of stoned people with rose coloured glasses and vacant expressions on their faces repeatedly saying stuff like 'yeah, man' and 'Groovy'. Unfortunately the reality is no where near as glamourous.

We arrived in town and arranged some taxi´s to take us to our Hostel, the hostel was ´10 mins from the center of town, now i dont know how fast Hippies walk but they would have had to have a jet pack or a sever case of explosive dihorrea to complete 5 miles in 10 mins.

Anyway enough ranting, the first night we headed into town to find some music that we had seen advertised in an Irish bar, when we arrived the place was empty and had a Sting CD on repeat.....wtf? The only thing that distinguished it as an Irish bar from any other in the place was that it had a Shamrock painted on the wall.

So we set off and found a bar up the main street, empty enough but the beer was cold and cheap......who were we to complain. Then came the 12'oclock rush, the place suddenly filled to the brim with hippies, now this is where all the romance was taken away from the colony, they arrived in their droves to listen to some Reggae crap that was on dvd, only they obviously were still a week away from their monthly shower, the hum in the place was horrific.

Needless to say after that experience we decided that a campfire was a better option the following night.

Joined by the 3 Irish Girls we had met in Barriloche (Laura, Kela and Tara) myself and Gerry began to cook up the most legendary of Spag Bol´s in the kitchen, while Niall Graham and Dar got the fire going. Some good music and a bit of craic for a change was on the menu, the only draw back being that the hostel ran out of beer half way through the night.

The following Day we split up, myself and Gerry headed back to Barriloche, The lads went camping, and Laura, Kela and Tara headed to Puerto Madryn.

Back in Barriloche we decided that a day of Zip wire decents was well called for and booked it for Monday.

Now, as i mentioned before, going on a bender the night before an adventure activity is not a good idea. Shouldn't i have learned to take my own advise by now?

Anyway, Myself, Gerry (The Fish), Esther and Simon set off in the back of this Land Rover 4x4 for the short trip into the local forrest. Once there we are given our saftety (Dont Die). And our equipment, which consists of a harness (More like a castration device once fitted), helmet ((Damn i look good) and a leather glove to slow us down.

Up to the first platform, and it would not be unfair to say that i was a little apprehensive (60ft looks along way down when your hanging from a tree). That said, once you get going the rush is savage, and all you want to do is go faster and further. About 2 hrs later (and after a brief stock check on the aul town halls) we head back to camp for a siesta before a few more beers.

Anyway, back to Buenos Aires tomorrow before a trip across to Montevideo for a couple of days and then back to BA to catch a River Plate On Sunday.

Until Next Time you keep it Sexy San Diego

Al

Advertisement



21st February 2007

Blogg is getting better but we want more info about your sex lifes if any and more photos please.
22nd February 2007

keep it up
dear alan, reading your blog with great interest, nice to see the coffey tradition is continueing.ie going on a bender and not taking ones own advice.keep up the good work and have fun. with envy dave

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb