Patagonian Adventure-PART IV-El Bolson


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Feria del BolsonFeria del BolsonFeria del Bolson

It was a true pleasure to walk through the local feria...only few tourists were present and the organic fruits and licuados were simply delicious...I have never tasted such sweet strawberries and flavourful licuados!
PART IV: El Bolson: January 3-4

January 3

Considering the omnipresence of foreigners and overwhlemingly touristic area in Bariloche, we decided to only stop for breakfast in Bariloche and aimed to a smaller destination El Bolson. Arriving in the town of El Bolson at the end of the afternoon, you could clearly feel the pleasant village atmoshpere. We went camping that night after a quick dinner looking forward to further experiment the local vibe at the feria.

January 4

The next morning, after a great "cafe con leche" (latte) and "tostado primavera" (toasted sandwich), we headed to the local feria where artisans were exhibiting their arts and food products. The atmosphere was extremely intimate , and therefore pleasant, as tourists were absent from the feria. We had the most flavourful fruits and "licuados" (fruits and water/milk) that we ever tasted: the organic strawberries seemed to have been rolled in sugar as they were melting in our mouth. After buying more fruits and organic breads, we headed to El Maiten in order to board the famous Old Patagonian Express for a slow ride into the pampas. It was a true pleasure to observe the colourful landscape and watch the horses galoping side by side to the train. Another relaxing day in the hippie village of El Bolson!

Next stop: Parque Nacional Los Alerces


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Landscape from the Old Patagonian ExpressLandscape from the Old Patagonian Express
Landscape from the Old Patagonian Express

Horses grazing and galoping in the fields...
The Old Patagonian ExpressThe Old Patagonian Express
The Old Patagonian Express

A pleasant ride at a slow pace...
The Old Patagonian ExpressThe Old Patagonian Express
The Old Patagonian Express

A beautiful view from the train...
The Old Patagonian ExpressThe Old Patagonian Express
The Old Patagonian Express

A beautiful view from the train...


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb