Velez Sarsfield v Boca Juniors


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
November 18th 2012
Published: November 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday night it was off to the Liniers Barrio to catch the Velez Sarsfield v Boca match. Velez were top of the league by 3 points with 4 games left to play. I went with a few guys from the Spanish school led by one of the teachers who is a big Velez fan. It was really easy to get tickets - we just arrived at the stadium a couple of hours before kick off and went to the ticket booth. It was 12US$ for a ticket, not bad for a top of the league clash. We left at 4 and got back at midnight and thats without any pre or post match beers! This was my first experience of standing in the popular section (the area behind the goal) and I have to admit tenia miedo! As is common at most grounds in Argentina the barras bravas (the ultras) make their entrance around 20-30 mins before kick off and head for their reserved space behind the goal. On this occasion they passed right in front of us so caught a good look at them (and them at us) - some pretty intense characters! At the end of the match some of the Bravas started to fight with each other inside the stadium, not sure why but we decided to make a sharp exit!



Boca won the match 1-0 with former Velez striker, Silva scoring the goal. The match was pretty even though and Velez should of go at least a draw. When Velez missed an absolute sitter in the second half you could tell it wasn't to be their night. Velez is now tied on points with Lanus at the top with three games to play.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb