Natural wonders: Part 2


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after a brief 5 hour flight pretty much due North and we´re still in Argentina, swapping warm and sunny for the chill of the past few days.

Here to see Iguazu falls and what a jaw dropping sight it remains. Its my second visit after a trip with an old schoolfriend (evening Dunc) back when we were all young, free and single and before he tired of my relaxed approach to rising in the mornings, thankfully (for me at least) now I have a new victim. They´re currently bidding to be one of the new 7 natural wonders of the world and who are we to argue (oddly the short list also includes some cliffs in Ireland, all very lovely but essentially just cliffs and out of their depth in this exulted company).

Some stats for those so inclined:


The falls sit right on the border between Argentina and Brazil (in fact the river forms the border) and to get the most out of the sightseeing we duck into Brazil for a night to stay at Hotel das Cataratas ... with surely one of the best views from a hotel. Curiously not mentioned on their website but also pretty incredible is the club sandwich ... I think its the diced boiled egg and sauce that I can´t quite place that lifts it up into the realms of something special (that and the fact I hadn´t eaten for a long long time).

Back into Argentina for a close up view and then a day by the pool in the sunshine ... its a hard life this endless holidaying business





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb