Puerto Iguazu


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

RainforestRainforestRainforest

Light coming from above into the rainforest.
After crossing the most painless border crossing ever, we arrived in Argentina, now no one cry for us. The bus stops and waits for you at the Argentina border, no forms to fill out or paperwork to keep, just a entry stamp from the nice people at Argentinian immigration.

Once we got into the bus station there was information on the HI hostel Inn there, guide book calls it the best hostel in Argentina. This is a nice hostel if you are lucky as we were and got really great room or unlucky like Ciara and Anthony and get the room where you might as well be sleeping on the pool table.
The hostel is a renovated Casio about 5Km outside of the town. Unfortunately, we could not use the facilities of the swimming pools as it rained so much so we enjoyed copious amounts of vino tinto on the other hand the advantages of all this heavy rain was we would see the falls at there best.

The is also the place where we got our first taste of Argentinian steak, there is a small restaurant just down the road from the bus station towards to centre of
Hostel InnHostel InnHostel Inn

The swiming pool out front of the hostel.
the town its has a board walk on the footpath and graffiti all over its walls on the inside. The steak (prob the best we had in Argentina as we were comparing all steaks to it afterwards), the wine and the service were excellent, its just a shame we cant remember the name of the place.

At the Argentina side of the falls you could spend the entire day there just walking around all the various walks that were made through the rain forest. Also what we would really recommend is to take the boat trip under the falls, this is crazy the boat goes right under the these masses of water, the power is just amazing. You will get wet so bring a change of clothing. The boats have these great bags that whatever you pop into them will not get wet. Also watch out for the mossies, we got bitten quiet badly here in the space of 5-10mins, its took over two weeks for the bites to heal!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lunch TimeLunch Time
Lunch Time

Litre bottle of beer for under a euro!!
Safety FirstSafety First
Safety First

Claire is ready to take on the falls.
PreparedPrepared
Prepared

As ever Ciara is prepared for the water again!!
AnthonyAnthony
Anthony

He thinks he is on a nice cruise!!
Iguacu WaterfallsIguacu Waterfalls
Iguacu Waterfalls

View from the boat.
Iguacu fallsIguacu falls
Iguacu falls

The Argentian side.
Iguacu fallsIguacu falls
Iguacu falls

Getting closer on the boat.
Iguacu fallsIguacu falls
Iguacu falls

The power is unbelivable.
Iguacu fallsIguacu falls
Iguacu falls

Getting closer to them on the boat.
Iguacu fallsIguacu falls
Iguacu falls

The power of the water. We tested the cameras waterproof setting on this one!!


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb