Cordoba and Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
August 15th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday the 12th

Got on a bus that night half steamed. We decided a few evening beers would help us sleep on the bus as it was an overnight bus about 11 hours to mendoza. Then on the bus they then gave us more drink, wine and whiskey. I was knocked out.

Tuesday the 13th and wednesday the 14th

Woke up to find we were parked in some bus hospital. Again the friggin bus broke down. Broken down vehicles dont even surprise me any more. Anyways the delay was 4 hours so our 11 hour journey turned into a 15 hour journey.

Cordoba is a nice city, but with it being the second biggest city in argentina after Buenos Aires, it didnt have the nice small city feel of Salta. We didnt really do a whole lot only eat amazing steak and steak sandwiches and drink beautiful red wine. The red wines here are incredible.

On the tuesday night we went out for a while. We asked in one bar what would be a lively place for a tuesday night. The guy named this place and off we went. It seemed a bit strange and was pretty empty at the start and then a few people came in. Then myself and steve were offered a threesome. Turns out it wasnt a threesome of what i would consider the cool kind, in fact the threesome would have been me, steve and the gay guy who offered it to us. The guy in the bar sent us to a gay bar. We kindly declined and after watching some blond transvestive perform some dolly parton we decided it might be time to leave.

Apparently cordoba has a great night life but closer to the weekend. And the girls there are absolutely stunning (and hence i guess the guys mustr be aswell). However we decided we wouldnt wait around to find out what the weekend is like and we bought over night bus tickets to Mendoza. Wednesday during the day we went to the cinema to pass some of the time. It was time to head towards the mountains.

Thursday the 15th

Got the overnight bus (I slept like a baby, the seats are so comfy) and this time we actually arrived in mendoza at the scheduled time. Incredible! Booked into our hotel and then set off
Wine and CheeseWine and CheeseWine and Cheese

My life at the moment.... oh and steak, dont forget the steak
to try and figure how to get skiing asap. Took us most of the day to get things in order but we got sorted. That evening, we had more good food and red wine and hit few bars beside the hostel but nothing to serious. One really different thing though was this pub come brewery offered this beer tasting tray. So we had to try it out. The stout was surprisingly good.

Friday the 16th

We got picked up at the hostel to go on a wine tasting tour with a difference. The difference being you cycle to the wineries. It was a really nice day, cycling around the vineyards, drinking beautiful argentinian red wines (especially Malbec) with cheese and crackers. We also got to taste olives and chocolate liquers. mmmmmm. Really since ive gotten to argentina the food has been so good that i kind of feel like im cheating. Its not like roughing it at all. But what can i do. So tonight its off to Las lenas overnight. Should be skiing by tomorrow morning.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb