Break back Mountain


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
August 29th 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post



The 7 hour coach ride from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina, was awe inspiring if not a little back-breaking as the roads gradually deteriorated. As we snaked through the snow capped Andes, the jagged peaks cut into the clear blue skyline creating an absolutely incredible vista which not even my 7 megapixel camera could do justice. The images will just have to live in my memories.

Mendoza, Argentina (An Adrenaline Junky's Dream)



Cool, vibrant city with loads of bars, pubs and restaurants, not to mention discos pumping out dodgy Argentine pop music. Some of the activities on offer include mountain climbing, white water rafting, paragliding and trekking.

Weather - clear blue skies, and feeling warm at 22 C


Vegetarians Need Not Apply



At over 3 inches tall it towered above the table and almost stroked the hairs on my chin as i sat down to eat my Bife de Chorizo. This was the kind of steak that could stop traffic, not to mention my heart.

It dwarfed the plate of chips next to it and even though it sat alone on the plate with only a sprig of parsley for company it looked far from lonely. It filled the entire plate and cast a shadow over the rest of the table.

Playing it safe i ordered it 'medium' and it was still as bloody as hell. I can only assume that had i ordered 'rare' they would have escorted the cow to my table and slaughtered in there on the spot . Half a kilo of red meat later and i was ready for a fight. A bar brawl was next on the menu! (just joking Mum).




Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb