To Tongoy the long way Round.....


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Uspallata
March 10th 2013
Published: March 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Pisco Sours all round!Pisco Sours all round!Pisco Sours all round!

Terry and Don relaxing while we sort the paperwork.
We have made it out of Chile into Argentina and head back to Chile in the Morning.

We are actually in Los Flores tonight, but there was no Los Flores for the blog entry so we are not now in Uspillata.

Blog so far....

Wow what a start to the adventure, with wayward adventurers at the Airport going directly through Immigration, instead of regrouping with the lady's that had come to farewell us over a cup of coffee upstairs and group photo, sorry lady's, but they must of had Adventure on their minds......

Anyway we all made it to Santiago, with Scratch scoring a free upgrade to Business class as a Birthday treat.

We got directly onto the paperwork as soon as we landed and we had the motos the next day.

On the way from the shipping depot to the hotel, we lost four of the guys, Barry got a fuel lock, that he sorted out on the side of the road, so with Scratch riding shotgun, they made their way back to the hotel, Terry ran out of gas! Someone stopped with him and sucked some gas out of his bike for for
All Bikes sortedAll Bikes sortedAll Bikes sorted

Good on ya Spectro and Darbi for the good oil...
him,

I jumped out of the truck, to act as a cornerman for Barry and Scratch, when we realised they were missing, but they went another way, so now I had walk about 2 kms to get onto the right off ramp that leads to Vina Del Mar, where I hitched a ride with a fellow that took me nearly to our hotel, this doesn't look good when we loose this many riders on the first ride!!!

Leaving Vina del Mar we went South to Curico for the night, with Jack taking a new route of his own to Santiago via the maze of city streets, he eventually found his way back to Ruta 5 and the rest of the gang.

After a reasonably early start, we headed east and over the Andes via Paso Vergara to Malargue in Argentina with our first border crossing. This road was a bit of a challenge for a couple of the guys, that hadn't done much riding off the seal, so there were a few tired little puppies that night.

The ride from Malargue to Uspillata became a real challenge as we encountered some very thick soft and dusty
Ready to rideReady to rideReady to ride

All ready to leave the Ankara for Curico.
sections of the infamous Ruta 40, that sucked three riders off their bikes to eat Argentinean dirt, this included one Chilean (and it was not Rodrigo)

Lucky, all riders survived with only damaged pride and some plastic that needs some glue.

So far we have managed to keep the group together, well sort of, as I think each day we have lost riders, but somehow they all turn up for dinner.

The ride from Uspillata was uneventful, apart from loosing Don, as he was armed with his GPS and map and made his way up to Los Flores, via one of the biggest sand roads in Argentina, with many washouts from the seasonal rains. He found it a big challenge and was really happy arrive in Los Flores.

We have a really neat little Posada here in Los Flores, even though we have to share a couple of rooms.

Tomorrow we head west over the Paso del Agua Negra to Vicuña in Chile. This is a 350 km day with another border crossing, no fuel and no cafe, and we have only been in Argentina for three nights!

I will try to do another blog when I have more photos downloaded, maybe from Tongoy.

Cheers for now,

Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The world is our urinal..The world is our urinal..
The world is our urinal..

When a mans gota he's gota go
Man food!Man food!
Man food!

What can I say?
Jacks ChallengeJacks Challenge
Jacks Challenge

This is the last we saw of Jack on the first day....
RaymondoRaymondo
Raymondo

Raymondo relaxing at the end of the days ride.


10th March 2013
Ready to ride

Glad to see you' re all upright
Sounds like you have you hands full Rosco keeping you're wayward adventurers all heading in the right direction. great to catch up on your fun so far.... Cheers from those left behind!!
10th March 2013

Happy chappies!
Good to see so many smiling faces and thumbs up! Enjoy those long dusty roads!
10th March 2013

Having Fun Yet
Good to hear you are all good and are you all having fun yet hahaha. Hey Jack love your photo. Thanks Rosco for the updates.
10th March 2013

Good news
It is great to know that you have arrived safely and that you all manage to regroup for the nights!!! I would have got lost (even with a GPS!!!!) along the way. Sounds like heaps of fun!!!
10th March 2013

Man food!
Yum...finally...my guinea pig sandwich, or is it a pie!
11th March 2013

sticking together
hey rosco, me thinks you need to have a southern comfort nite real soon to keep your boys together??
11th March 2013

You are so not wrong, this a bloody wayward lot, that's for sure.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb