Mendoza Spa and Mountains


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
September 9th 2009
Published: September 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mendoza spa was absolutely spectacular and exactly what the doctor ordered. We got to sleep in at the nice hotel, they picked us up and drove us to the spa (about 1 hr away). First things first, we booked a massage for the afternoon and then headed for the pools. We paid a few extra pesos to have a bathrobe for the day. That way we didn´t have to put our clothes back on for lunch (ha!). They had a really neat cave/steam room that we started in then went out to the hottest pool. Of course I jumped into every single one, including the 12 degree cold pool. I got a lot of entertained smiles from the Argentinians who had no intention of trying the cold pool - ever! There was also a mud pool where you smother your whole body in red clay and then sit in front of a drying fan until you´re all crusty. There were three Argentinian women obviously on a ¨girls¨spa day that were absolutely hillarious with the mud. Once you´re all crusty you go into a high powered shower area. It was like being hit with a fire hose but it got all the mud off pretty quick. We then headed off to the restaurant for a buffet lunch. It was a pretty spectacular buffet and actually consisted of mostly vegetables rather than meat - unheard of in Argentina!

Next was our massage. Leah opted for aromatherapy and I got some sort of ¨sport¨massage. It was a full body massage with several interesting techniqes at the end including a rolling pin, slapping fingers, hot stones and bells. It was pretty bizarre but totally relaxing. I tried to stay there but there for a nap but they kicked me out eventually. So it was back to the pools from there. We spent the rest of the afternoon going in and out of the pools and sitting out in the sun. We both got sun burns.

We drove back down from the mountains and back to the hotel for the evening. Mendoza is a lovely city so we just wandered around and had a nice dinner at a place near the hotel. It was another major football game that night so as long as you didn´t want service during the match you were fine.

More about the mountains later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th September 2009

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday Princess! What a terrific way to celebrate your birthday. Did you and Senior Snapper get the money we sent? Weather turned absolutely marvelous right after you left. We are really enjoying your blogging and pictures .. your descriptive narratives have been great to read. We are getting a wonderful window on your experience. When we showed Tony and Judy, they asked to be added to your blog. all our luv.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb