Mendoza at last


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
September 8th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness for first class buses is all i have to say. The bus ride from Cordoba went smoothly and we all actually slept. The only problem was arriving in Mendoza at 6:30 in the morning. We ended up wandering around the town looking for a nice hotel before the sun had even come up! What a weather change too. Only 0 degrees when we arrived

While we didn´t manage to find a 4 star hotel, we did find something really good. (We did ask for a room at the 4 star Hyatt Hotel but they were over $300/night!). We checked out a place from the lonely planet - Hotel San Martin. It´s the low season so we ended up with a huge suite with a sitting room overlooking the main plaza of Mendoza. The room was big, dry, clean, quiet, private bathroom and beds were comfortable - only $70 cdn a night and worth EVERY penny (We´re off hostels for a few days). Since the hotel was so quiet they let us check in at 8 in the morning, even offered us a free breakfast but we went straight to the room and took a 2 hour nap.

Once we finally got up, the sun had come out and it had warmed up to 10. We headed straight for a nice restaurant for lunch. OMG the meat portions here are ridiculous. For $10, you get enough beef to feed an entire family. After a 1.5 hour lunch we started walking around the town. It´s a beautiful city with lots of trees and fountains. There´s a great pedestrian walking area that we mainly stuck to and we booked an excursion to the thermal waters and spa for tomorrow (check it out: www.termascacheuta.com). We need some serious pampering to get rid of the last of our colds.

Will post again in a couple days. Still can´t seem to upload photos from my camera...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.2kb