Farm and Bardas Blancas


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Malargüe
July 9th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we went to the Bardas Blancas area today. We rode with the head ranger of the area and we visited the caves there. He also suggested doing projects to create wind power using turbines for the local ranger station. After we visited the caves, we went down into the village and met the local authority (representative of the mayor of Malargue). We saw where we would be staying for our trip to work on the well there.

Unfortunately we also ran into problems because the well has a lot more sulfide within the well than what we previously thought. It turns out there is almost tripple the amount of sulfide than we predicted. We are looking into revising the system to take into account the high levels of sulfide.

On another note it looks like the antibiotics I was taking before the trip did not cure what was going on in my body...I have been having a constant fever of about 100 degrees and not feeling well in general. I just feel constantly tired and the fever reducers only work about 1/2 the time. I'm frustrated that I dont feel better and it is always accompanied with splitting headaches.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb