Party All Night Long


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Malargüe
July 10th 2011
Published: July 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was an interesting night last night. We got invited to the Snow Festival at Malargue and we were "VIP" people there. We ended up meeting the governor of the province, and we talked again with the mayor and some of his deputies. The event started around 930 and we didnt leave till 445am! When we were leaving, there was still another band that was just starting to perform at the time.

During the 7 hours we were there, we got served a 5 course meal consisting of 2 appetizers, a small pastry with marinated vegetables inside, beef and chicken in a super rich sauce with vegetables, and desert of a chocolate mouse cake with a tangy sauce. The food was really good and there was a ton of it! One of the mayor's assistants tried to keep offering us champagne, and wine throughout the night.

It was interesting what they did for their entertainment...we first started out with a Baritone and a Soprano opera singer that sang a wide variety of the classic operas including Figaro and La Boeheme. Then we moved onto junior fashion shows with local kids and stores. During the actual dinner part we were treated to a professional fashion show with 2 famous actors and 2 famous actresses. The girls went wild for both actors every time they came up. Granted the junior fashion show went for like 2 hours and the professional one went for like another 2 hours. Then Brazillian dancers went on stage and performed for like an hour. We had the Snow Queen get announced and crowned, then the dancers came back.

Sarah and I danced a little to the band, but we were both extremely tired and left soon after. It was definitely interesting to see how they celebrated here in town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb