La ciudad de Cordoba y los cooooordobeses


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
July 7th 2011
Published: July 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Luckily we were able to coordinate a full day of Cordoba into our Argentina trip. While in Argentina we spent most of our time in the province of Cordoba as we were in Traslasierra which is about 4 hours by bus to the city Cordoba. Cordoba is another awesome city of Argentina ... it is deemed the college town of Argentina as there are 15 universities in the city. It has a feel much more like Buenos Aires than other Argentine cities and certainly does not feel like your typical Latin American city! There are many big plazas with a lot of green and miles of pedestrian walkways for shopping and cafes. Also, we were able to walk through "Nueva Cordoba" which is where there are many of restaurants and pubs ... we walked through it on our way to the towns big park. There we let Dale and Chris off at a park restaurant to rehidrate as we did a little boat ride around the lake in the park. We also were able to spend a little bit of relaxing time in the plaza as it was as warm of weather as we have had in Argentina that day! We then left that night to return to Buenos Aires on another overnight bus ... we are starting to get the hang of this overnight bus thing ... it actually is a lot easier than it seems!

Also, we were able to enjoy Cordoba the first week we were here ... we were in Cordoba for about 6 hours as we did a guided city tour of the many churches in Cordoba and also had our Fulbright orientation in Cordoba's center for education.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb