Heading: North


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
December 8th 2009
Published: December 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I made the decision.... to head for Cordoba, much helped by the fact that two of the girls I´d met on the wine tour were going, so hopped on the overnight bus with them and 10 hours later we arrived. This was one of the fabled "cama" buses; big leather seats, blankets, pillows, movies and stewardess service... not so bad, although it could have been a little cooler. Still, for 25 quid...!
The city seemed pretty quiet (but then again it was 7am) and then we found out that there had been a big party last night as today was a bank holiday, so once again when I tried to visit a museum it was closed - not even third time lucky. There´s all sorts to do here from rock climbing to parachute jumps, but I think I´ll keep it pretty quiet for a few days. Was wandering around the city and found part of the jazz festival - was ok, but one of the acts, consisting of a bassist, drummer and pianist really should have lost the pianist! A fairly chilled evening - dinner in the hostel was good, as was the cheap cocktail afterwards! Wednesday dawned clear, and Cordoba being south american city of culture 2006, I dragged the girls to the art galleries. First one had some good modern pieces and some quite disturbing pictures, and wouldn't you know it, the second one was closed! A steak sandwich in the park was most welcome, and a wander around the shops before I split from Nicky and Nicola; another overnight bus to catch! Almost straight north for 13 hours; won't be long now before i'm crossing the andes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb