Day 22 - Alta Gracia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Alta Gracia
January 31st 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We decided to spend the day outside Cordoba and visit another town. We went to a small bus station to take a bus to go to Alta Gracia. We randomly ran into one of the students from school at the bus station (Alia from France) so we ended up spending the day with her.

We first had lunch at a small restaurant (one of the 2-3 restaurants of Alta Gracia) and had a really good omelette and tortilla de papas. (We should really import tortilla de papas into Canada).

We then went to the Che Guevara museum. It was actually one of the houses where the Che lived when he was young. It was interesting to learn more about this south american icon who helped the Cuban revolution.

We also visited another estancia (called estancia de Alta Gracia). It´s a sort of large ranch that was common in South America in the 1600 - 1700. We also saw a dog sleeping in a confessional for the first time (see picture). No idea how the dog got into the church!

We finally visited the museum of Manuel de Falla. (a composer) We weren´t really interested in knowing his life but the museum was free and Alta Gracia only counts a limited number of attractions.

We took the bus back home and had another of Titina´s fantastic dinners. I´ll sure miss her cooking when I;ll be in Mendoza.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb