No Fu For You


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Esquel
March 14th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

At about 6:30 we awoke to bitter cold. After breaking down camp, we began our walk to the bus station (probably a mile or so). Despite the freezing hands from the tent poles, I was excited to catch the 8:00 bus to Futaleufu and go rafting. At about 8:00 our dreams were shattered. The bus from Esquel only goes to Futaleufu Monday and Friday. The woman who gave us the information on taking the bus had given us a piece of paper showing the times for Monday, Wednesday and Friday and we asked her specifically about taking the bus Wednesday. I´m not sure if she made a mistake, or perhaps, since it is now off season, the Wednesday bus no longer runs. Either way, we sat at the bus station with no plan.

This is a time when travel can get stressful between travelers, especially when there is a language barrier. Did Sarah ask the wrong question? Did I hear the wrong answer? I´ve seen it a few times now on this trip. This is where the blame game starts and things get ugly (anybody ever watch the Amazing Race?). Not Sarah and I though. We sat down and calmly went through our options. Trying to raft the Fu would have meant sticking around Esquel and Futaleufu for almost a whole week. And while rafting would have been an incredible experience, there weren´t enough exciting things in the area to do that would have justified waiting a week. So, we figured out plan B and took the 9:30 bus to El Bolson.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb