Esquel


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Esquel
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

While El Chalten was the smallest town on our trip so far (population 600ish - 2 years ago anyway), Esquel has been the town we had the smallest information on leading up to arrival. We found a map and walked towards the campsite from our book only to find it closed. Our backpacks are rather heavy and uncomfortable to be walking around everywhere, especially with upset stomachs. Disappointedly we walked back to an information building and got information on another campsite and of course it was only a few blocks from where we just were.

The campground has turned out great. It is up on a hill overlooking the town and comes well equipped with showers and bathrooms. And other than the barking dogs it is quiet. This is the first place we have been where dogs are plentiful as pets and not just wandering the streets. Actually, it seems like everybody has a dog and it sits behind their fenced yard and barks all day.

Esquel has 3 pet stores. We haven't seen one anywhere else so to see 3 in this small town is bizzare. I wonder why there is such a difference here?

As you may have gathered, today (Tuesday March 13th) has been a blog catchup day/day of relaxation. We came to Esquel to do some whitewater rafting. Turns out the trips out of here are very tame (class I/II). So tomorrow we are heading to Futaleufu, Chile to do some real rafting. Woohoo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb