Buenos Aires!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 11th 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hola Amigos!!

Finally we have arrived in Argentina!! The flight was painful to say the least, it was like groundhog day. We took off from Sydney at 11am Saturday morning, a grueling 13 hour flight only to land at 10am Saturday morning in BA, we literally travelled back in time. We made it to the hostel somehow and crashed out. We got up for dinner then it was back to bed for us. Unfortunately by 3am the jetlag really kicked in so we spent an hour or so talking to a midget Canadian guy who was sharing the dorm with us. I kid you not, this guy was shorter than me! I was told he originally had the top bunk but struggled to climb up, that explains the little stool he had by his bed lol. In the meantime in the courtyard a cockroach was causing chaos, one of the other travellers tried setting the thing on fire! We got back to sleep at 4am but we were up by 6am.

Our first proper day in Buenos Aires was fun. We met a group of Swedish guys in our hostel and went into the centre together to an antique market that is held every Sunday here in the city. It was really cool. The streets are filled with amazing stalls, and music is playing on every corner. We walked past tango dancers,musicians and street performers and walked from one district to another. After the market we went to one of the squares which houses the building where Evita famously greeted the people on the balcony. From what we saw Buenos Aires is full of beautiful buildings and has an awesome vibrant atmosphere but is just too hot!

The next day was even hotter but we ventured out again with one of our new Swedish buddies. We jumped on a local bus (somehow i managed to get away with not paying) and went to another part of town which houses all the parks, galleries and more famously Argentinas most exclusive cemetery. It sounds weird but you cannot come to BA and not see the cemetery. Its def not like any other cemetery, each tomb is like a mini house. Its extremley grand and actually quite pretty, we even visted Eva Perons tomb. After a while the heat was just too much so we spent the rest of the afternoon in an air conditioned bar with a nice cold beer before we ventured back onto the local bus to the supermarket. Luckily for Hiral and I our new friend offered to cook us all dinner, its been a long time since we have eaten a home made meal and it was good. We spent the evening eating, drinking and playing cards, even at night it was just too hot to move! We spent our next day sleeping, once again the heat paralysed us all but by the evening it cooled down enough for us to go out and party. we have another week here in the city, plenty of time to learn the tango, try some of their famous beef and head to the countryside.

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb