It's tango time!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 16th 2011
Published: January 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

South America 2011


This year's long trip is to Argentina and Chile, an extreme way to watch some tango dancers and eat Welsh cakes in Patagonia! As a school 'kid' I never thought I would have the chance of going to the southern most tip of Chile, walking on Tierra del Fuego etc. At this time I am ridiculously excited about it all! I hope to get more photos online this year and possibly even some video - we shall see. The steaks are going to be problematical; taste and smell are things you will have to take my word for... I think that will also apply to the wine tasting part of the trip!! Two days to go so Hasta luego! (The travel kite is packed so the trip can go ahead!)

We have arrived after much effort by the customs people to find all sorts of things on us that would send the alarms ringing, late starts and the storms over Buenos Aires flinging the plane around somewhat violently! White water rafting in the skies is a good comparison...

We travelled into the centre on the local bus which cost us 2$, about 40p for a trip of about 30 miles! It was interesting as the route was through side roads so we saw far more of the ordinary city rather than the motorway. It was not ´pretty´but a good introduction to the city and few of the reople- including the grumpy bus driver.

The hostel is good - friendly staff and people we are sharing a room with and we have been to our first gallery - a museum of some aspects of life here in the 19th century. There were lots of toys and games - bliss for young children. The city is interesting but more of that in the next post. Tonight we are going to plan our next move - down to the land of Welsh cakes.

Advertisement



20th January 2011

Was there anything you forgot?
Glad you got there OK - enjoy the Welsh cakes - will you be trying to make them too?
20th January 2011

Safe arrival
Glad to hear you have arrived shaken but not stirred. What is the temperature like down there?
20th January 2011

temp
Hi Fran, forgot the thermometer but is is sunny and warm! Just going out to explore, Liz
20th January 2011

forgotten items
LOTS! But never mind ay!!LOL
20th January 2011

enjoy!
You have a fab time - hope you see some Whales
20th January 2011

Hi there, pleased you have arrived safely, although def don't admire you for the journey you seem to have had. Thats put me off the idea of a long haul flight anytime soon. Have fun xxx
20th January 2011

Welshcakes are good!!
Hi Lizzie-P Nothing ridiculous about being so excited about what is before you. From the limits of my little house it all sounds wonderful. Had welshcakes in St Davids but welshcakes in Patagonia really is something else. Looking forward to hearing more...... John

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb