It´s coming to an end.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
March 28th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On Friday was a huge demonstration marking thirty years since the start of the military dictatorship. Everybody walked the streets, young and old, anarchists, non-anarchists, former anarchists, socialists, street vendors peddling coca-cola´s to the thirsty moderate anarchists.
It was really a great sight. These guys made a huge stencil (I mean huge) of a man and put it in the middle of the road... its like the size of a lane of traffic.

On Saturday night I went to another one of those all night club things. I had a fairly goodtime... the key to staying out all night is not drinking until midnight. Take note.

On Sunday I woke up at 3pm, had breakfast at 6pm, and went to a concert. The concert was Medeski, Martin, and Wood... a funky jazz trio from the states. The venue was a fairly large theater, with three tiers of seating. It was sold out. The audience was so into the funk, that the band played two encores, and then came out again to bow themselves off stage. I don´t think that a (United States of) American crowd would be as enthused.

Yesterday I ran into Iceland, the collective name for the Icelandic girls I befriended in Chile. Today we walked around in search of Tango shoes. I mean they were in search of tango shoes, I just wanted lunch. We ate a vegetarian restaurant. I ran across a street and was almost hit by a motorcycle. I´m still alive so don´t be worrying, but be careful when crossing streets in the Argentine capital.

Two Argentian men started talking to us in English. I thought we were only going to be talking them for a minute, so I told them I was also from Iceland. The one dude talked to the girls for a long time, and I talked to an eighty year old man. He was a lively fella, who quickly spotted my Jewish features and we rejoiced in our common ancestry. He showed me some fresh Tai Chi moves, and told me that he will be scene in a coke commercial during the world cup next to some punk-rocker. Keep an eye out.

I leave from BA on Wednesday... you should check it out if you have an opportunity it´s the best city Í´ve been to.

Advertisement



30th March 2006

how lucky you were to be a part of history and join in the march for the disappeared! way to go!!

Tot: 0.556s; Tpl: 0.134s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb