Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 27th 2005
Published: January 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

On arriving in Buenos Aires we were pleasantly surprised by how modern and ´European´ feeling the city is. It lives up to its reputation as ´The Paris of the South´.

We found a nice hostel online but when we arrived they hadn´t quite finished building it! However, the people running it were friendly and we stayed anyway.

Our first excursion was a trip to watch the local team, Boca Juniors, play football. It was a great afternoon, Boca won and we saw Diego Maradonna cheering his team on from his balcony. Luckily we had no trouble, although apparently it is quite common at the Boca stadium.

The next day we enjoyed a completely different atmosphere at the polo. A friend of the hostel owners took us to the match and it was a great opportunity for Lorna to improve her spanish. The people at the polo were very different to those at the football! We managed to take away a souvenir polo ball, as did most other people.

Whilst in Buenos Aires we took advantage of the trendy (and cheap) shops, using the opportunity to buy some clothes which are cooler than our travelling ones. Mark of course bought a Boca Juniors football shirt.

On our penultimate day, the hostel owners took us to their weekend house in Tigre, a delta river area. We had a really relaxing day. The boat ride to their house was lovely and in the afternoon we fell asleep in their garden as it was so peaceful.

The last night was spent at a ´Tangeria´, a restaurant where they put on a Tango show (Buenos Aires being the home of Tango). The food was great and the show was very enjoyable, the dancers were amazing.

We were very sad to leave Buenos Aires, even though we had already extended our time there by a few days. We hope to return sometime in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



4th January 2006

Buenos Aires
Very good, we enjoyed it again, keep it up Love from all of us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb