Party all the time..


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
December 7th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The girlsThe girlsThe girls

Carrie and Kailey by the amazing pool!
Arrived in Iguazu on Tuesday morning, absolutely boiling. Into a taxi, looked at the thermometer in the car only 39 C! Hottest place I´ve ever been! Leaking again! There had been talk of metting the Canadian girls in Iguazu and Kailey came running over when I pulled up at the hostal, what are the chances.

Hostel was amazing, pool, bar, pool etc. Caught up with the girls, lovely to see them again. So hot so jumped in the pool! Unfortunately got cloudy in the afternoon, well was quite nice but then it started raining.

Had a few glasses of wine and the party started again, bad influence! Next day was really raining so waitied for it to break a little and got a taxi to the falls. Was really miserable as it started raining again, and it was actually quite cold, well relatively.

Got a train up to see the devils throat, so big and huge amounts of water pooring into the pool below, couldn´t even see the bottom though due to the huge clouds of water mist. Was probably more impressive due to all the water/rain!

Then walked round the upper circuit to look at the rest of the falls, just so many, amazing to see, just a shame that it wasn´t sunny. Back to the hostal for a warm shower and then hit the bar. Bbq night, loads of meat and more vino. Had a cheeky swim at midnight again, doesn´t seem to matter what time it is, pool was always busy!

Said fairwell to the girls again the next day and lounged by the pool. Was going to go back to the falls as it was nice and sunny, but couldn´t really be bothered, so just read all day, nice and relaxing, plus feeling a little hungover. As a few other people where going to Beunos Aires later that day decided to get a bus ticket as most had been before and would know where to go etc.

Arrived in BA on friday, found a very funky hostal. Sorted some stuff, washing etc and then had a couple of seista´s, up again at 8pm. No rush to get out in Argentina. Went out with Rachel, Sophie and Lars to an all you can eat place, absolutely amazing food, seafood, steak etc and lots of nice puddings mmm! fat again!

Then went
Devils throatDevils throatDevils throat

Huge waterfall at the falls
to find a reasonably priced bar, didn´t happen, 26 pesos for a single vodka ( more than $8!!). Resorted to buying some vodka and sitting on the kirb in a park, classy! not exactly how I pictured BA, was cheap though!

Then went to a club called Mint around 1am, had a name to get in for free, they didn´t seem to know who it was but managed to blag our way in anyway, result! Lots of dancing met a couple of girls I´d been out with in Loki! Small world! Then went out back and the sun was rising! Next to the sea, was like being in Ibiza or something! Didn´t get back home til 9am, oops! Argentinian style!

Next couple of days walked round BA seeing the sights etc, very nice place! Can now see why everyone raves about it. Found a nice English pub and had cheap stout from a cask, first draft beer in South America! Very nice to drink some proper beer again!

Off to Mendoza tonight hopefully, wine capital of Argentina, wineries and steak time! Only 1 wk left in South America!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

More waterMore water
More water

more fabulous falls
ReunitedReunited
Reunited

Fun with beer and beer stickers!
Tango showTango show
Tango show

block after block of stalls and shows, sunday market
La Boca style artLa Boca style art
La Boca style art

Everywhere all over Buenos Aires
Harbour with the Business District in the backgroundHarbour with the Business District in the background
Harbour with the Business District in the background

and Lars looking very suprised at the sight of a boat!
Old skoolOld skool
Old skool

just liked it


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb