Picture time


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Again,

just ot let you know that the good news is that i now have pictures.

Firstly below is Plaza Mayo (pronouced in Argentina "Platha Ma-show").
It is Mayo by the way although you may see me call it Mayor in some places

The big white obelisk is the piramide de mayo. a small obelisk built to mark the first aniversary of BA´s independence from spain. On thursdays at 3;30pm the madres de la plaza march around the square in their unrelenting campaign for a full account of dirty war attrocities.
(See the Dirty War in Argentine history)


Here also is me at the Obelisk and the pink building behind is the parlimentary building. It is pink becasue there used to be two parties (red & white) so pink was the outcome.

Also here are some Arty shots in black and white of the buildings around Plaza de mayo. Very European.


On a more fun note i went to the Zoo at Plaza de Italia. this is a great zoo with good animals in it. None of the continual trek through various monkeys you culdn´t give a cr*p about. this zoo has Brown Bears, Black Bears, Polor Bears. Leopards, Lions, Bengal Tigers, White Tigers. Hippo´s, Girraffs, Elephants, Rhinos, Alligators, Panda´s. So just for you here is a polor bear.


Lastly i visted the town of Tigre which i situated on the river delta.

when "portenos" look for a weekend away they head for the suburb of Tigre. tigre´s river delta i latte colored as it is rch with iron flowing from the jungles of Inland Argentina (so it also smells eggy). We took a bout ride down the delta and visited the huge local market of "puerto de Frutas" where i managed to buy 10 bananas, 15 apples and a massive bag of shelled walnuts (R.I.P Walnuts) all for 15 pesos. so now im healthy and regular.


Lastly at night on sunday we heaed into the suburb of San Telmo, which is renowned fro its cobbled street and antique markets. people come here for the culture and so sample the delights of a night of street tango under the stars............................ so we had a few beers and left after this photo.

Only kidding.


Lastly for those of you who care, here´s me in a beard at Euro disney.

Thats all folks,

Till next time. ta luego chicos


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb