Hola from Buenos Aires!!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
January 25th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gonna try remember everything after the first week fueled by drink!! You probably wont read it all but i want it as a keepsake as the beer is mushing me noggin(sorry about the grammar in advance)!!

We arrived in BA on Thursday after what seemed like a week long flight from Heathrow. The taxi ride here was an experience, the city is full of traffic but the taxi drivers just take the piss!! They dont know what lanes are for and the four of us needed to change our pants upon arrival.

Landed here and had the craziest first night. Had a session in the hostel pints are 1 euro 20 and they had a samba band. Great crack and seriously pissed as we travelled for a day and the heat was catching up + the beers were 1.20 remember. Went to the night club but i fell asleep on the way, stayed for 5 minutes and headed home. Got lost on the main st for 2 hours and ended up high fiveing a copper in a hotel lobby. Next morning i met graham in the lobby at 12 after he was out all night. He was talking crap so we left him thinking he would totter off to bed. Heard later he thought we had gone to the beach and tried to get a 2 hour taxi ride to it. He came back at about half 5 with one shoe and covered in ketchup. Apparently, he got into a fight with an old man, street kids robbed his shoe and when the cops asked him for ID he qouted his flight number...

Went to palermo for grub with Ohad the Israeli the next day. The people are really friendly and helpful(until the get into there cars then there nuts!!)

On Sat it was Al's brithday and we went to La Boca with Ciara(karyns friend) and Cathal(moooooo!!!). Its was amazing. They are all poor people who used to be wealthy but are now poor so they use colour and culture to make up for it. All the buildings are painted differnent colours(photos snapfish.com) and there was a market, bands and tango bands. They also are strictly religous people(God = Maradonna). Just around the corner is Boca junior staduim. They love Diego here cos he grew up in Boca but could have went to River Plate(rich team) for the money but stayed with Boca(poor team). They couldnt afford to pay him so the gave him 3 houses instead.

That night we have a few beers in the hostel and head off to The Opera Bay club, with Ronnie (Swiss) Tess & Lydia (Aussies) and the two irish we had met earlier. The Club is massive, it has three rooms each with different music, we spend a bit of time in the 80´s room cause you know how we love cheese and then head out to the open air deck that looks out over the docklands. Muy Bueno!! The sun is comin up and we leave at about 7am to head to the hostel and have the best taxi drive home ever(lets just say it involved 2 cabs playing chicken, pale arses, throwing beer bottles and insane taxi drivers), never ever laughed as much.

On sunday after me telling the brazillians they cant play football(after 10 beers) we headed to the local astro park. We done ourselves proud(Al failed to mention my hat trick in his blog(top scorer)!!

As young alan states the next few days drifted in a blur of heat, sweat and beer. Hit the swimming pool some day in between and the zoo yesterday. The best thing is not ever knowing what day it is!!

Last night (Wednesday 24th) Ciara geniously organised 16 tickets for the Tango show. They were brilliant crack, me and graham done some up close dancing our selves. Sadly and i do hold me head in shame, we went across the road to The Clover. I hate ending up in irish bars but it was great crack and i was loving the vino blanco(not so much this morning!!).

And thats it so far. Today we are planning our trip down south for a bit of trekking and ranching. Proper (reverse) greenhorns!!












Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



26th January 2007

Well you've sold South America to me, have to get saving.....good luck on that bus journey although I believe they are so luxurious....say hi to Ciara for me!

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb