Day 9 - Mar del Plata


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Mar del Plata
January 18th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Enfin la plage!!! 😊 Tout le monde nous trouvait folles de passer 12 heures en autobus juste pour aller à la plage (5-6 heures aller et retour) mais ca l'a fallu la peine.
Sauf peut-etre pour les coups de soleil qui ont été douloureux pour quelques jours....

We went to the beach for half of the day. It was really nice to fall asleep under the heat of the sun, but we were constantly avoken by the saleemes of any kind, selling swimsuits, mate, sunglasses, gold chains, some kind of a wistle that is supposed to be like a bird but is extremely annoying, icecream and empanadas, and anything else you can think of. Stef was brave enough to go into the water. For me the water was too cold, even after overheating on the beach. Also I havent seen waves like that - really huge! Afterwards we decided to explore other parts of Mar del Plata, maybe hoping to find an emptier beach. We walked for a while enjoying the view. Grabbed a sandwitch in a cafe. We encountered a team of soccer players that were probably training (running) on the path next to the beach. We regretted not taking the picture. 😊 Argentina is crazy about soccer! And they have a good reason to be.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb