City tour & Tango show


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 24th 2013
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

B-Aires 08B-Aires 08B-Aires 08

Plazo de Mayo
On to second day in BA. The hop on hop off bus tour was excellent. May be because it was past the peak tourist season, I encoutered very little problems as reported by others, of not being able to get on bus, if the trip was brocken. The communication side of BA bus has a lot to be desired. We specifically checked with the company where we can board the bus and the reply was "at any stop". When you get to stop 25 there is a big notice giving details of the route and saying that " you can buy your ticket from the bus". When the bus arrived (first bus and we were the penultimate stop, hence waiting for nearly 2 hours, again our fault) we were told that we cannot buy tickets on the bus but, can only obtained from the Head Office. So we had to walk 2 miles to to the HO and wait in a queue for 1/2 hour. A US citizen was so outraged he had a " good talk " with the attendant ( in English). Even with all this I would still take this tour because of the freedom it gives you.
B-Aires11B-Aires11B-Aires11

Recoletta Cemetery Entrance
I dis get down in more than 5 places as I can remember, and hopped on the next bus that came along. Even though the tour was for 3.5 hoyurs duration it took me more than 6 hours to complete the route.

In the evening wen to the tango "Almazen" show. One good thing about the show was that the tango was interlaced with ethnic music and dancing, some Opera and instrumental music which made the show less boring and very much more interesting.The tango itself was of very good standard. There was also an interesting introductin as of the origins and the initial sexual influences which gave it a tarnished image. It started of a combination of European and African rhythems and stylesIn the early days the dancing was confined to only men as women were not allowed to perform. The vily men used their charm and dancing provess to attract the girls. By 1920s the girls were in the coming as performation often with a bad reputation in the poor districts of BA. The rich soon started to enjoy the dance as they were facinated by the dance like of which they had nothing in their circles.

Tango had a
B-Aires10 B-Aires10 B-Aires10

Recoletta Cemetery
popularity boom in Europe and USA but deteriorated in Argentina to economic or policatical factors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

B-Aires09 ChurchB-Aires09 Church
B-Aires09 Church

Cute church at Recoletta


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb